跳至主要内容

Why not use neovim in windows

Things I like neovim better

  1. The tab-complete options are shown as horizontal line just above the modeline, really cool.
  2. Yanking to windows clipboard seemlessly in the backgound, saves me a lot of mouse clicks.
  3. The :checkhealth command

Things I don't like

  1. filenames for nvim-qt.exe wrapper must be sperated by ****double double dash**** with its own options… like this:

    c:\opt\neovim\nvim-qt.exe --maximized -- -- foobar.txt

Things I can not live with

  1. The anonymous buffer is changed issue. I am not sure how to reproduce it, anyway it is really annoying to run into it. It prevent the process from exiting, neither :q! Nor windows close button works. I have to kill the nvim process in windows task manager, then kill the nvim-qt wrapper.

 

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Use MobaDiff with git difftool

Recently there's an activity in IT that forces the deletion of all unauthorized softwares from all work machines. Unfortunately, kdiff3 is one in the list. As it is generally okay to use vimdiff as an alternative for kdiff3, A gui tool is better suited for desktop workflows. Known that MobaXterm is shipping a gui diff tool named MobaDiff. But it only appears in the windows right click context menu. Find the real application name takes me some time to search in the windows registry. "MobaRTE.exe", which is the one invoked by HKCR\*\shell\MobaDiff. And it was invoked with "-contextdiff" switch to show MobaDiff UI, while when the switch is "-contextedit" it shows MobaTextEditor. Too bad that the "-contextdiff" switch do not support pre-image post-image as other diff tool did, which effectively made it unable to be used as a command line diff utility. Also MobaTech did not mention anything in their document of this Mob...

Emacs 26.2 windows Hunspell setup

 Hunspell failed with default setup With my shining new emacs26.2 setup, I am happy until trying to `M-$’ on a word. I got following error message, it used to be work by just set ispell program to hunspell. Starting new Ispell process hunspell with default dictionary... split-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil After some check in my customization setting. nothing found. install a copy of hunspell dictionary At first I think it was caused by no hunspell dictionary. I downloaded en US and en CA hunspell dictionary from wordlist.sf.net project. After put the .aff and .dic files into C:directory I’ve also made a symbolic link from en US ones by running the `mklink’ tool: mklink default.aff en_US.aff mklink default.dic en_US.dic Err… hunspell does not work, still. Time to read code Dig into ispell.el I suprisingly find there’re lots of hunspell specific logic. Originally I was thinking hunspell support involves no elisp work. Acturally ispell did many work to de...

XEmacs 21.5 beta 35 "kohlrabi" has been released.

If you are an old XEmacs user, you may feel happy to see this from https://www.xemacs.org/.    After ten years, XEmacs released a new version 21.5. So there's still many people cares about XEmacs. The XEmacs' source repo have been moved from altassian Bitbucket to https://heptapod.net/. As Bitbucket have been dropped Mercurial support many years ago.