跳至主要内容

org2jeklly is changing... excerpt: Some change breaks my current workflow, and the workaround

publish failure in org2jeklly 0.25

Some time ago, I started using org2jeklly to publish my blogs. All went well until someday I did a package upgrade for all my emacs packages…

My publishing start to fail, there's no markdown file produced after I run `M-x org2jeklly-publish`…

There's `org-export-process exited abnorml` message in Message buffer.

org-export-process exited abnormally issue

Several hours of debug show that the "org-export-process" related issue was caused by there's no correct org asynchronous export setting.

To fix it, add the following snippet to .emacs:

(custom-set-variables
 '(org-export-async-init-file "~/.emacs.d/org-async-init.el"))

And create a "~/.emacs.d/org-async-init.el" with following contents:

(require 'package)
(setq package-enable-at-startup nil)
(package-initialize)

(require 'org) 
(require 'ox)
(setq org-export-async-debug t)

no markdown generated in post directory

It turns out to be the issue of my own configuration file. I accidentally removed my org2jeklly package. Which cause all org2jeklly related configurations to be removed from .emacs.

While this is an intentional behavior of package system. I also find my "removed" org2jeklly package was actually not removed, it remains in the local elpa package tree.

After some cleanup and reinstallation, reconfiguration work, the markdown file is able to be generated as usual.

Then there comes a new issue: no meta data generated for jeklly in the post header!!!

no meta data header

The issue was caused some recently introduced breaking change in org2jeklly.

The new org2jeklly is not compatible with `org-md-publish-to-md` anymore.

To workaround, I have to replace the `org-md-publish-to-md` function with `org-html-publish-to-html`.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

Use MobaDiff with git difftool

Recently there's an activity in IT that forces the deletion of all unauthorized softwares from all work machines. Unfortunately, kdiff3 is one in the list. As it is generally okay to use vimdiff as an alternative for kdiff3, A gui tool is better suited for desktop workflows. Known that MobaXterm is shipping a gui diff tool named MobaDiff. But it only appears in the windows right click context menu. Find the real application name takes me some time to search in the windows registry. "MobaRTE.exe", which is the one invoked by HKCR\*\shell\MobaDiff. And it was invoked with "-contextdiff" switch to show MobaDiff UI, while when the switch is "-contextedit" it shows MobaTextEditor. Too bad that the "-contextdiff" switch do not support pre-image post-image as other diff tool did, which effectively made it unable to be used as a command line diff utility. Also MobaTech did not mention anything in their document of this Mob...

Emacs 26.2 windows Hunspell setup

 Hunspell failed with default setup With my shining new emacs26.2 setup, I am happy until trying to `M-$’ on a word. I got following error message, it used to be work by just set ispell program to hunspell. Starting new Ispell process hunspell with default dictionary... split-string: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil After some check in my customization setting. nothing found. install a copy of hunspell dictionary At first I think it was caused by no hunspell dictionary. I downloaded en US and en CA hunspell dictionary from wordlist.sf.net project. After put the .aff and .dic files into C:directory I’ve also made a symbolic link from en US ones by running the `mklink’ tool: mklink default.aff en_US.aff mklink default.dic en_US.dic Err… hunspell does not work, still. Time to read code Dig into ispell.el I suprisingly find there’re lots of hunspell specific logic. Originally I was thinking hunspell support involves no elisp work. Acturally ispell did many work to de...

XEmacs 21.5 beta 35 "kohlrabi" has been released.

If you are an old XEmacs user, you may feel happy to see this from https://www.xemacs.org/.    After ten years, XEmacs released a new version 21.5. So there's still many people cares about XEmacs. The XEmacs' source repo have been moved from altassian Bitbucket to https://heptapod.net/. As Bitbucket have been dropped Mercurial support many years ago.